– 1 large (largest size made) container of cool whip (make sure its frozen, or slightly defrosted)
– 2 cans of pineapple tidbits
– 3 small cans of mandarin oranges
– 1 small “standard” package of orange jello
– 1 and 1/2 container of reduced fat cottage cheese (the largest containers)
– 1 1/2 cup of mini pastel marshmallows (I eyeball the marshmallows)
Directions: (serves 12-18)
In a large bowl combine cottage cheese and the package of orange jello powder, mix these two together really well. Next add in your semi thawed semi frozen cool whip (if its fully thawed then the salad won’t set up when chilled in the fridge) mix the cool whip in real well. Then drain your canned fruit really well and add all cans of fruit. Be sure to fold the fruit in, making sure you don’t destroy the mandarin oranges. Once the fruit is all mixed in, you can fold in your marshmallows. Smooth out the top of your bowl, wipe down the inside top edges for a clean look (optional, OCD here) cover it and let it chill in your fridge for at least 2 hours or more. Enjoy.