Author: Butter With A Side of Bread
- 2 packages microwave popcorn, popped (about 9 cups popcorn)/ ⅓ cup unpopped kernels
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 or 4 different types of Halloween themed candy
- Pop your popcorn and remove any un-popped kernels. Put popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar and whipping cream in a medium saucepan.** Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour over popcorn and stir to combine. Add in Halloween candy- our favorites were candy corn and M&M’s- and stir to combine. It’s best when served immediately.
- **I’ve also made this in the microwave. Combine butter, sugar & whipping cream in a large glass bowl. Microwave for 2.5 minutes, stir, then for an additional 2 minutes. Pour over popcorn.