Perfect Pineapple Cake
Practically Perfect Pineapple Cake
Author: Trish – Mom On Timeout
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 servings
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 20 oz can Dole crushed pineapple in 100% juice (do not drain)
- 2 eggs
- 1 3.5 oz package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 12 oz Cool Whip or 1 cup heavy whipped cream, whipped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and baking soda.
- Mix in vanilla extract, crushed pineapple, and eggs until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Whisk pineapple and pudding mix together until combined.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip or whipped cream until incorporated.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Attribution To ::
Mom On Timeout at http//www.momontimeout.com/2017/02/02/
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
2. In medium bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and the salt. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, gently stir together Apple Mixture ingredients; set aside.
4. In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
5. Spread apple mixture evenly over cake batter. Sprinkle Topping evenly over top.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2 cup frozen Pineapple chunks
8 oz frozen Whipped Topping (like Cool Whip)
3 tbsp Honey or 2 tbsp Sugar
6 oz Pineapple Juice
Blend all ingredients in strong blender or food processor until whipped.
If mixture is too runny, add 1/4 cup ice and process further.
Too look more like a creamy whip, transfer mix to piping bag with star tip and pipe into cups.