Old Fashion Rhubarb Pudding Cake
Old Fashioned Rhubarb Pudding Cake
★★★★★ 4.5 from 2 reviews
This rhubarb pudding cake recipe is easy to make using fresh or frozen rhubarb. A simple hot water trick allows the cake to make its own sauce while baking.
2 cups chopped rhubarb
1 3/4 cup sugar, divided
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup sifted flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2/3 cup boiling water
Cover the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch square pan with fruit. (I prefer an 8 inch or 9 inch square glass baking dish. You could also use a deep dish glass pie plate.)
Mix 3/4 cup sugar, butter, baking powder, salt, extracts, milk and flour together (add a little more milk if it is too thick to pour); pour over fruit. Mix remaining sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over mixture in pan. Pour boiling water over the top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, a little longer for gluten free flours. Yield: 9 servings.
Note: You may also substitute a gluten free flour blend such as Namaste Foods Gluten Free Flour Blend. If using gluten free flour, add 10-15 minutes to bake time.
Attribution : Common Sense Homesteadinghttp://commonsensehome.com/rhubarb-pudding-cake/
Perfect Pineapple Cake
Practically Perfect Pineapple Cake
Author: Trish – Mom On Timeout
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 servings
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 20 oz can Dole crushed pineapple in 100% juice (do not drain)
- 2 eggs
- 1 3.5 oz package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 12 oz Cool Whip or 1 cup heavy whipped cream, whipped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and baking soda.
- Mix in vanilla extract, crushed pineapple, and eggs until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Whisk pineapple and pudding mix together until combined.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip or whipped cream until incorporated.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Attribution To ::
Mom On Timeout at http//www.momontimeout.com/2017/02/02/
Easy Cheese Garlic Breadsticks
1 (10 ounce) can prepared pizza crust
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried basil
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Mix butter and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Unroll pizza dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and brush with butter and garlic mixture.
4. Sprinkle cheeses and spices evenly over the dough.
5. Use a pizza cutter and cut dough into stick shapes (Lengthwise into 7 long strips and crosswise into 3 strips). Do not seperate strips.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown
7. cut along each strip and serve with marinara sauce
Attribution to : SugarApronSugarApron